Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wild Things

I went to see Where the Wild Things Are with the Lindas tonight. The Lindas worked with me in the library (back in the olden days) before I retired. So, of course, we needed to see what they had done to this classic children's book by Maurice Sendak. It was a fun evening

We went to dinner before the movie. The food was good and the company better. We did enjoy the movie. There were only two other people in the theatre besides us. They left as soon as the picture finished. As soon as (the bad) Linda realized they were gone, she began to howl. And, of course, I couldn't let her howl alone so I joined her. The good Linda, however, did not howl.

As for a review of the movie, my only comment would be that it seemed much more an adult movie than a child's. The wild things were charming and Max was a delightful little boy. And though I know his mom was relieved to have him back safe and sound, I still think there should have been a consequence for biting. Is that the disciplinarian in me speaking?

All-in-all it was a great day. Bruce continues to make progress. It's slow, but it is forward and for that we are grateful. He's eating soft foods, taking his meds orally and breathing with only the nose prongs. All this is good and we are thankful. Please continue to remember Bruce and Shelly in your prayers.

~Hippo Hugs~

6 comments:

Laura said...

I think I know what movie you're talking about here and if it's the one I'm thinking about, I've never read it. But the whole howling thing just MIGHT have me visiting my local library!! Too funny!!

Monogram Queen said...

I have purposely avoided seeing that movie because I just cannot fathom them translating it from the book.

I am a confirmed book-o-phile and nothing can take the place of a book!

Glad to hear Bruce continues to improve, prayers ever coming!!!

Winifred said...

That's so funny. Reminds me of an Elvis film I went to see with a friend. At the end when he dies I was blinking back the tears but she sobbed and howled so much everyone started to laugh. The picture house was full!

Glad you enjoyed your night out.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

So glad to hear Bruce is doing okay!!

I love that book too, and would probably enjoy the movie.

Cheryl Wray said...

I totally agree with your assessment of the movie. A good movie...but definitely more for adults!! Although you know that Sydney yelled "Let the wild rumpus start!" VERY loudly during it!! :-)

Mississippi Songbird said...

I've gone to movies where there were not but a handfull in the audiance.. It was fun. I'll have to check out that movie. I usually wait until it comes out on DVD and get it thru Netflix..
I hope you are enjoying the fall. I am glad that the holidays are coming. I'm still at home sick, but seem to be better.I don't know what it is, because I haven't gone to a doctor.I will hopefully go back to work tomorrow.. Bunches of hugs..