Thursday, May 17, 2007

lavendar blue

Okay, I've done it. I've started a blog. I've been wanting to do this for ages. Really, ever since my neighbor, Tracy started blogging. It's sort of a joke with my family and friends. Everyone who knows me knows how I love to be "onstage". Gretchen's gift for Mother's Day and Tracy's reaction to its picture, really motivated me to start. So, here it is.

How strange, or not, that Gretchen would send me a lavendar plant. Last fall, I really housecleaned my perreniel garden and made room for some new plantings. Last week, I was perusing a gardening catalog and decided I definitely wanted a lavendar plant. I just hadn't gotten out to the garden store.

When I called Gretchen to thank her for the plant, she told me that she had struggled with what to send and finally decided on the lavendar. I know we are very much alike, but that's almost eerie. Actually, I shouldn't find that so strange, I think both my daughters have a second sense about me and me them. Poor Jim, living with the three of us for so many years.

I will always treasure this plant not only for its beauty, but because it gave me the impetus to start blogging.

Happy Day!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Yay! Glad to see your blog is "in business!"