Monday, November 24, 2008

Lunch on the Patio at Panera's

Even though I've been up for about fourteen hours, I feel alive and rarin' to go. We had a really smooth trip out to Las Vegas today. We left Rochester on time, arriving at Washington, Regan airport with plenty of time to make our connection. Even though we had about a fifteen minute delay on the runway {nothing like 2-12/ hours at Kennedy last summer}, we arrived here in Las Vegas on time.

It was such a joy to come down the escalator and see Gretchen and Brian waiting for us. Of course, Gretchen and I hugged and squealed like we haven't seen each other in 5-1/2 months. Oh, wait a minute, we haven't seen each other in 5-1/2 months. Poor Brian and Jim. We are like a couple of magpies for the first couple of hours.

Both the kids had to work tonight, so we went out to lunch at Panera's and then dropped Gretch off at work. As my title indicates, we ate our lunch outdoors. It was wonderful. Brian was able to spend an hour or more with us at home before he left for work.

The cats have greeted us in their usual manner. Lani ignores us and Fiona runs and hides under the bed. She will probably stay there for two or three days before she decides to grace us with her company. Talk about shy kitties!

We have big plans for tomorrow which will include lots of pictures, I hope. Until then, I think I'll join Jim in a little nap.

~Hippo Hugs from Vegas~

13 comments:

Laura said...

Pam, what a GREAT way to spend the Thanksgiving Holidays...IN Vegas WITH the kids! Have LOTS of fun and Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Vegas and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

camport said...

Aw. So glad you get to see family for Thanksgiving. Have fun in Vegas!

:)

Tracy said...

Glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy your time there. I can't imagine what turkey tastes like in a 65 degree desert. lol
Don't worry about us back home... I just shoveled the slush of the sidewalk and set out wet boots. *sigh*

Nancy said...

Hi Pam!

Glad you had a good flight and arrived safely. I know how happy you were to see your daughter again! I've been there quite a few times with the moving we've done over the years.

Would love to see Gretchen's kitties! They can be strange little things at times, how well I know! LOL

Enjoy the warm weather while you're there, and I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving together! Don't you just love that word...together? I do!

Love and Hugs!
Nancy

Faye said...

I tagged you.
Have a Fab time in Vegas...can't wait to see the pics!!

Monogram Queen said...

Now THAT is what Thanksgiving is about to me... family! Sending you a Monogrammed Hug right back!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Thank you so much for the stamps.Yes,My daughter and I are using them.. I'm sorry , I thought I had already let you know.Please forgive me... It's been hectic here lately.I love the stamps...
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in Vegas!

Cheryl Wray said...

I'm so glad that you're having a wonderful time!!! How wonderful it is to see your daughter, and I LOVE the "magpie" comment. Sounds like me and my Mom!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!! And I can't wait to see all those great pictures!

Midlife Mom said...

So glad you had such good uneventful flights that arrived on time. You never know these days how things are going to go. So nice that you can be with your family for a good visit, enjoy every second of it and I know you will! Have fun and we will be looking forward to all the pictures!!

Nancy said...

I've been checking every day for a new post from you. Come on girl, we're all waiting! Like Michelle said one time, "Get off the stick, Girl!" LOL

Hope you are enjoying your time in Vegas! I can't believe you haven't posted but one time since being there. Do hope you aren't sick or something.

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Midlife Mom said...

To answer your question on my latest post, yes, my parents have an apartment that we built on the end of our house a couple years ago. They used to have one in the basement but Mom got so that she was having lots of trouble doing the stairs so we decided the time was right to build. It's a pretty big apartment with a kitchen, living room, two bathrooms, one with a washer and dryer, two bedrooms and a mud room and a full basement under it. It's all handicaped accessible with the wide doors and all. It works so well especially now where Mom needs so much extra care.

Cheryl Wray said...

Can't wait for you to get back and post an update! LOL