Thursday, August 2, 2007

Look! Up in the Sky!


My friend and neighbor, Tracy, wrote in her blog just this week that not much happens in our little community. She talked about going to the local ice cream store after a soccer game being the big event of the week. I laughed when I read that but thought little about it until yesterday when I came head to head with a perfect example of how really unexciting life is here in our little hamlet.
As I was driving home from a lunch appointment in another town I happened to look up and see the something unusual in the sky overhead. I immediately pulled off the road and called my husband telling him to run outside and look up. (Notice that I pulled off the road before using my cell phone, law abiding citizen that I am).
I then pulled out my camera and took several pictures. After I had taken my pictures, I got back in my car and drove on home. It seems that on every street corner, in front of every store or restaurant, in yards and playgrounds all over town, I saw people pointing and gazing upward. The citizen's were agog at the sight.
And what, you might ask, was creating so much excitement. It's a plane, it's a bird - It's the Goodyear Blimp. Now that's more exciting than having ice cream on Main Street, or is it?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OH MY, A BLIMP? That right there is excitment for at least a week. I missed it. More exciting than ice cream? Not if you ask Cami.
I love your word - AGOG.