Saturday, October 20, 2007

Scrappin' The Day Away

I can't believe a whole week has passed since this great scrapping day. My neighbor, Tracy, and I had planned for weeks to attend this day long workshop. We had all that time to plan what we would do and collect our materials. Even so, Saturday evening found me scrambling to put all my things together. I was afraid I had packed up too much until I pulled into Tracy's driveway and she and Brian started to bring her things to the car. But, wouldn't you know, with all that, we both found ourselves wishing we had brought this or that.

By lunch, I think Tracy had finished one page while I was still on my first.









After lunch, I did get busy and managed to finish several pages by the end of the day. One, I hated when it was finished and now, one week later, I still hate it. Thank heavens for digital pictures. I can just print the image on my printer and "Voila" I can recreate the hated page.

Aside from getting to spend time with Tracy ,who I never see despite the fact that we live just yards apart, one of the highlights of the day was rekindling some precious friendships interrupted by time and circumstance.

Mary is one of my all-time favorite people. Our busy lives and my retirement from the library keep us from seeing much of each other so it was a joy to be able to run over to her table from time to time and catch up.

All-in-all it was a delightful and satisfying day and I can't wait until the next one.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I am looking forward to the next one too! I'm looking at the pic of Mary and trying to figure out what she was working on....cards?