I've had a couple of emails lately that I thought would make a fun post. So, instead of sending these to email buddies, I thought I'd just do a fun post with them. The first one comes from Chrissy and is a survey for first time mommies. I'm just going to post about all three of my pregnancies and babies.
1. Were you married at the time? - You better believe it. I wouldn't have wanted my dad to kill anyone!
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant. - All three times, I was ecstatic.
3. How old were you? - 25,28 and 30.
4. How did you find out? - All three times, I was pretty sure, but had a Dr. confirm it. I remember the Dr. telling me "You are just a little bit pregnant".
5. Who did you tell first? - Jim, of course. Then my mom.
6. Due Date? - October 9, 1970, April 12, 1973, October 2, 1975
7. Did you deliver early or late? - This is the hard one to write about. Our first child was still-born early. This was one of the saddest days of my life, but God was faithful and both the girls, born by C-section, were on time and perfect.
8. Morning sickness? - No, I have never felt healthier except for the heartburn.
9. Cravings? - Nothing special
10. Who irritated you the most? - My obstetrician. He constantly ragged on me about my weight.
11. What was the sex of your child? - Boy, Girl, Girl
12. How much weight did you gain? - Not much. Remember the nagging doctor.
13. Any complications? - With our first child, I had an abrupt placenta separation. With the girls, we watched very carefully and everything went according to plan.
14. Where did you give birth? - All three in Newark, NY
15. Labor? - No labor, three C-sections. God knows I'm a total wimp.
16. Who drove you to hospital? - Jim
17. Who watched? - In those days c-sections were not watched.
18. Natural or c-section? - C-section.
19. Did you take medicine? - No, I had a spinal and was awake for the entire thing. YUCK. It was the strangest sensation I've ever had. Thank heavens I saw those sweet little girls at the end.
20. How much did your child weigh? - I'm not sure they even told me about the first. Paige was 7lbs. 8 oz. Gretchen (the horse) was 8lbs. 5 oz. In that case, thank heavens for the c-section.
21. Names? - Paige Lynnette and Gretchen Elizabeth.
22. How old are they today? - Paige is 35 and Gretchen is 31 until October2.
Paige Lynnette Wolfanger (and Mommy)
Gretchen Elizabeth Wolfanger Wise
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a mother to these wonderful girls. They have brought more joy to our lives than I could ever thought possible.
The next fact-filled post is:
41 ODD FACTS ABOUT ME
1. Do you like bleu cheese? - Only in dressing; only on the side.
2. Have you ever smoked cigarettes? - Unfortunately, yes. I quit many years ago.
3. Do you own a gun? - No. Jim owns a 22 rifle and I try to forget that he does. I hate guns.
4. What flavor Kool Ade was your favorite? - NONE. YUCK.
5. Do you get nervous before Dr.'s appointments? - Only when I've been bad and I know my cholesterol is going to be high. I have a great Doc who tries to be kind to me while she's being firm.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? - I like red hots grilled about twice a year. I do have a liking for chili dogs too.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? - The Christmas Story. We watch it every year when the kids get here. If we go to their homes, we take it with us. Remember, "You'll shoot your eye out."
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? - Jim's private blend of chocolate coffee and Folger's decaf.
9. Can you do push-ups? Not then, not now.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry. - I have a cladagh ring that Jim bought me for my 50th birthday. To me it symbolizes our love for each other and our love for Christ.
11. Favorite hobby? - Scrapbooking, stamping and blogging, not necessarily in that order.
12. Do you have ADD? - No, I only act like I do.
13. What's one trait you don't like about yourself? - I talk too much.
14. Middle name? - Louise, after my mom's oldest sister.
15.Name three thoughts at this exact moment. - I want to go in the kitchen and have some of the leftover dessert that's in the fridge; I need to start my Christmas calendars; my back hurts.
16. Current hate. - Political commercials.
17. Favorite place to be. - Anywhere with Jim.
18. How did you bring in the New Year? - This past year, I was really, really sick. Most years we get together with our friends, Linda and Jason.
19. Where would you like to go? - Oh my!! Let's start with...Ireland, the Pacific Northwest, Costa Rica, Paris (again), Hawaii....
20. Name three other people who will post this. - I have no idea. Maybe nobody else is as kooky as me.
21. Do you own slippers? - Yes
22. What shirt you wearing? - A warm, long sleeved, black tee. It is cold, foggy, rainy and cool here today.
23. Do you like sleeping on satin? - I have satin pj's and love them.
24. Can you whistle? - One of the greatest disappointments of my life, no.
25. Would you be a pirate? - Not a mean one.
26. What songs do you sing in the shower? - Whatever is going through my head at the time. ABBA, hymns, whatever.
27. Favorite girl's name? - DUH!! Paige and Gretchen.
28. Favorite boy's name? - Reed - my mom's maiden name.
29. What's in your pocket right now? - Nothing, how boring am I?
30. Last thing that made you laugh? - Something Jim said, I'm sure. He makes me laugh many times a day.
31. Best bed sheets as a child. - Haven't a clue!
32. Worst injury? - Without a doubt, my broken wrist this spring.
33. Do you love where you live? - Oh, yes.
34. How many TVs in your house? - I'm ashamed to admit, three.
35. Who is your loudest friend? - Well, I am certainly the loudest of my group of friends. Aside from that I'd have to say my dear daughter, Gretchen. She takes after her mother.
36. How many dogs? - None since we lost our darling Frazier.
37. Does someone have a crush on you? I hope Jim.
38. What is your favorite book? - I have two, Little Women and To Kill a Mockingbird.
39. What is your favorite candy? - Anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter.
40. Favorite sports team. I'm not a real sports fan, but right now I'm really rooting for the Chicago Cubs. Go Cubbies!!.
41. What song do you want sung at your funeral? - It Is Well With My Soul, but not too soon.
Thanks for sticking around for my craziness. Hope all of you have a fabulous Monday. As for tagging...I'd love to hear answers from some of you.