Friday, June 19, 2009

It's been a long, long time.

I feel like I'm venturing into a foreign land today as I sit here to post on my blog for the first time in ten days. Much has happened in that time; some fun, some not so much, but all working out as it should.

Jim and I spent five days in the Adirondack Mountains with our friend, Bruce, getting their summer home opened. It wasn't all work and no play, as we finished in record time, got the boat out of storage and spent some time on the lake, as well as enjoying good company and yummy food.

This being a particularly busy time for me, I was delighted to look forward to a good ten days at home to prepare for VBS and my LPGA company. That, alas, was not to be. On Monday I received a call from my elderly aunt and uncle who live in Pennsylvania and they needed some assistance for a couple of days. Monday evening I drove the 3-1/2 hours to their home and spent two days with them. I was happy that I could help out in this minor emergency, but it did cramp my plans for getting organized here. My schedule had to be rearranged a little, but I'm happy to report we seem to be back on track. We'll see what comes up to throw a monkey wrench in my plans from now until next Thursday.

Thursday is the day Jim and I plan to spend at the Wegman's LPGA in Rochester. We plan to attend on Saturday with Jim's brother and his friend also. I'm planning on a clean house by then and hoping for good weather. We shall see.

My creative juices seem to be stagnating for the moment (might be stress), but I received this in my email today and thought I would like to share it.

The Buzzard, The Bat and The Bee
The Buzzard:
If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10-12 feet. Without space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.
The Bat:
The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable, nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.
The Bumblebee:
A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.
People:
In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee. We struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing that all we have to do is look up! That's the answer, the escape route and the solution to any problem. Just look up.
Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up.
~Hippo Hugs~

5 comments:

Laura said...

Pam, thanks so much for posting about the buzzard, bat, and bee. What a nice reminder to such a true statement.

I hope you have no more "wrenches" in your plans and have a wonderful time with your friends!

Midlife Mom said...

Very nice story about the buzzard, bat and bumblebee! Yes, we should all remember to look up when we need help and not just when we need help. I hope you get all ready for VBS, I got bounced from my position as there was a high school girl that wanted to do it and we like to use them whenever we can as it's good for them to learn how to do these things. I will be back up.

Glad you got back from helping out you aunt and uncle. This was my week for plans foiled too but we made it through and I guess all will be well soon. One of my horses has a problem but I guess you read that in my post. I had planned for yesterday and today to get ready for a big crowd on Father's Day but it didn't happen so I will have to go into high gear tomorrow! REALLY high gear! In fact that is what I should be doing instead of playing on the computer! lol!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Pam,

Well, the five days in the Adirondack Mountains sounds wonderful to me. I'm sure you and Jim enjoyed that. And you did a loving thing helping out your elderly aunt and uncle, and I know you were glad to help out.

Eileen, who lost her husband 5 years ago, and never had any children, has one niece, who lives in Broad Channel, New York. Of course that is like way over a thousand miles away, and she still works as a nurse, and could never come and help her out like that, even though it would make Eileen happy. So, I am all she has to help her out, and my son Greg, who helps her out as much as possible, not to mention helping me out all the time. And he lives 200 miles away. Wish Eileen's niece lived a little closer, and could at least come and visit once-in-a while. It would mean so much to her. Oh well, I went off on a little tangent here.

Hope you get the house cleaned and you and Jim get to spend the time in Rochester. As for creativity or inspiration, well, I have been lacking that myself, and let my own blog mostly languish, much of the time. Poor choice of words, but you know what I mean.

Loved the story of the Buzzard, the Bat, and the Bumble Bee. Never knew that. But so true, faith always looks up!

Good to see you posting again. Enjoy the weekend. I intend to, even though it's too darn hot!

Huggies,

Renie

PS. Sorry I made this so long.

camport said...

So true! Thanks for that story. I hope you get the time you need to get organized. I'm living in chaos right now and it stinks.

:)

Michelle said...

And I thought I had read everything Pam. That was amazing!

I hope you are enjoyed every minute of your trip.

Hugs!

M