Friday, July 9, 2010

Great Day!

For many reasons this was a great day. First of all, the heat has broken. We started out very warm. When I left the house for my "Me Day" at 11 A.M. it was 90 degrees once again. By 2 P.M. the rain was falling and the temperature was a wonderful 75.



I spent this day doing errands, shopping, visiting Florence, having lunch out (all by myself). I accomplished everything I had on my list and came home a happy camper.


Although I'm still struggling with my camera, I finally was able to download the Vacation Bible School pictures that I want to share.


I will do that in just a minute, but first I want to report on our Mission Project. This year, we chose Heifer International for our mission. If you are interested in learning more about Heifer Project, you can go to http://www.heifer.org/. We collected over $1,000 for this organization and are buying:
  • A heifer
  • A goat
  • A sheep
  • A pig
  • Ducks
  • Chickens
  • Bees
  • Rabbits
  • A share of a Water Buffalo
Needless to say, we are very excited about our support of this wonderful organization.

And here are the many faces of VBS.

The Staff without whom VBS would not be possible.



Some of the over 100 children who attended daily.

Such a worthwhile endeavor.

Suffer the little children to come unto me

For such is the Kingdom of Heaven.

Mark 10:13

~Hippo Hugs~

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm so glad you heat has released its hold on you. Whew. I know it is a huge relief. And to have a "me day," as well? You are one lucky, blessed woman!

Sharon said...

Glad to hear that you are finally getting some relief from the heat.
I finally got caught up and I have been missing you. Sorry
I enjoyed seeing all those smiling faces of VBS.
Storms here again today.
Hugs