Friday, February 13, 2009

We Have Arrived

Arrived here in Henderson about 11 AM pst on Wednesday. The weather was bright and sunny, about 64 degrees. It felt so good to be out of the car and unpacking. We left Holbrook, AZ about 6:28 MT. We travelled through Flagstaff where 17 inches of snow had fallen just two days prior to our passing through. It was really beautiful. Here is a pic I took of the snow covered mountains on our way through Arizona.

After unpacking the car, we met Brian and Gretchen along with Jim's brother Laverne (who is attending a conference here with his girlfriend) for lunch at my favorite pizza place. We spent a leisurely afternoon getting caught up.
There is a downside to this post though, Jim and Paige were so kind as to share their colds with me. From the way I am feeling, I think I got a double dose from both of them. I have mostly slept and slept since we arrived. I did manage to go with Jim to purchase groceries yesterday and put a meal together last night when Gretchen came for dinner. Beyond that, I have accomplished very little.
We don't have an Internet connection in our condo and I couldn't manage to stay away from contact with my blogging world, so we are here at Panera's having lunch and catching up with the world online.
I'm not sure how or why, but my iPod seems to have died. Like the internet, I don't think I can manage to be without it for long so I think we will stop at an electronics store on the way home and pick up another one. Luckily, I have birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.
Hopefully, but Monday, I'll be feeling like a new person and will have lots of energy and much to post about.
~Hippo Hugs~

10 comments:

Winifred said...

What beautiful colours in that photo Pam.

Hope your cold bets better soon, sounds like more than a cold if you're feeling so poorly. Take care of yourself.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Pam,

What a gorgeous picture of the snow on the mountain, bathed in sunlight.

Oh, dear on the cold! I hope you feel better soon, and enjoy your visit with your daughter. I look forward on updates about all the fun things you will be doing in the desert.

Take good care, and Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs,

Renie

camport said...

Beautiful pic!! Glad you made it, safe and sound, but hope the cold goes away quickly! I hate being sick on vacation.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Laura said...

Dear Pam, I am so sorry to hear about you not feeling well on your trip! That can't be any fun! And your birthday!! How in the heck did I miss that?! Happy Belated one, my friend! Safe travels to you and the hubby!

Tracy said...

Oh, boy! I'm so excited for you! I hope you're feeling better.

Cheryl Wray said...

Beautiful picture, and so glad you arrived safely.

I hope you are feeling better and that you're having a wonderful time!

Nancy said...

Great pic, Pam! Our country is a beautiful one, no doubt about i, but nothing compares with the mountains of PA and NY, though. I am so glad I got to grow up where I did, aren't you?

Seems like everyone has that cold, which I have been told is another strain of the flu, but not the strain the flu shots were for this past Fall. There's always a strain that comes to life every year that the shots don't cover. Do hope you feel well real soon so you can get down to business there and start enjoying your vacation!

We hit 71 here last week...today to be 58 and sunny, but rain arriving on Wednesday.

Looking forward to more posts!!! Get well now!!!

((( HUGS )))

Midlife Mom said...

So sorry to hear that you have gotten a cold! That kind of stinks doesn't it?! On Regis and Kelly the other day they said to tie a dirty sock around your neck with kosher salt in it and it would clear you right up! lol! I've never tried it but I think I would rather have a clean sock!! Seriously though, I do hope you are feeling better real soon!

The picture of the snow covered mountains is just beautiful! I love the Flagstaff area, it just is gorgeous no matter what season. Can't wait to get back there again sometime soon. Plus they have lots and lots of horses there!

Monogram Queen said...

Feel better quick Pam - colds are rotten!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

So glad you have arrived. Hope you get over your cold quickly.