Thursday, August 13, 2009

An "Amusing" Day

At last post, I was on my way to Pennsylvania to see my MIL, spend the night with my SIL and niece, Kacy and bring Kacy back to spend a few days with me. And, that I did. I had a great trip to PA, music blaring on my radio, windows down and the wind blowing through my hair (what there is of it).

It was really fun to see my MIL. We took a long ride, had ice cream and dinner out. I enjoyed it tremendously and think she did also. I was then on to Deb and Kacy's house for an overnight. It's always fun to share a glass of wine and some good conversation with Deb. Kacy worked on Tuesday, so we didn't leave for home until early afternoon. Uneventful, if rainy, trip back to Upstate NY.

Today my dear friend, Linda, Kacy and I went to Darien Lake Theme Park for a day of amusement and riding. I DO NOT ride anything that goes up in the air, around in circles or loop the loops. However, Linda loves to ride. She and Kacy rode all the roller coasters. I do, however, do water rides. The following is proof.


The ride is called Grizzly Run and we really got dumped on. After this, I didn't think twice about going into the Wave Pool. Oh, did I mention that I didn't bring my bathing suit and went into the pool fully clothed? The things I do for that young lady, Kacy,



who manages to look gorgeous in spite of having water splashed all over her.

It was a great day and we all came home happy, if a little wet.

Kacy is out for a run now while I'm dragging my tired body out to the screen porch to play Yahtzee when she gets home. Tomorrow is crafting and shopping, I think. Until then,

~Hippo Hugs~

You're not old until you don't know how to have fun anymore.

~Kacy Huston

6 comments:

camport said...

I almost bought that shirt not too long ago. LOVE it. Glad you had a good time getting wet!!

:)

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm glad you had fun in Pa. Enjoy the weekend with your lovely, young guest.

Hugs,

Renie

Winifred said...

Now you know you should never go anywhere without a bather!

Looks like it was great fun anyway.

Diane said...

You have SO much fun whatever you do. Wouldn't it be nice to live closer??

Loved the pics...

Hugs,
Diane

Monogram Queen said...

Absolutely dear Kacy! Absolutely! So glad you had a good time Pam! You are the best!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I am with you...rides make me sick (even watching them) But I do like water slides! We are going to Canada's Wonderland this coming Sat. I may just be taking my swimsuit:)