Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Company's coming,


first time company. Someone who has never been to my house before. AND SO--I'm cleaning. Today I tackled the bathrooms. How can a bathroom be SO dirty? Isn't this the room where there is soap and water, exfoliants, shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizers and all that yummy smelling stuff that makes us feel so clean and beautiful?

But then again, it's also the place where there is lint from toilet tissue, towels, washcloths, dust from talcum, all mixed together with the 4 or 5 ounces of hairspray that I use every morning to keep my coif, coiffed. Add these to a few other things that I just won't bother listing here, and I guess you have a fairly dirty bathroom.

So I cleaned my little heart out. As I was standing on a step stool taking the light fixture above my sink apart so that I could clean it, I did wonder if my brother-in-law's girlfriend (wait, is girlfriend the proper term?) What exactly do you call one's romantic interest when we reach our 50's and 60's? But I digress. I doubt that Cathy will really go to the trouble of standing on my sink to check to see if the globes in my light fixture are sparkling clean.

Nevertheless, it's done and looks marvelous. Now my only dilemma is how do I keep it that way until my company arrives in two weeks?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Congratulations. You are offically a blogging goofball, taking pictures of your bathroom and all. Welcome to the club.