Saturday, June 2, 2007

Women of Faith

My body is tired, my mind is reeling and my heart is filled to overflowing. Along with my friends Judy and Sandi, I attended the Women of Faith conference in Rochester this weekend. What an exciting and satisfying way to spend a weekend. Women of Faith is a non-denominational event. Nearly ten thousand women of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life were gathered together in one room to praise God, laugh, cry and hear what God has in store for them, for us.

I'm not sure exactly what I expected to get out of this weekend. I know that I was drawn to attend, and that I wanted to attend with friends who love and support me in my faltering walk with God. What a joy to experience this marvelous time with these dear sisters.

We did indeed laugh and cry together. We also danced and sang as we worshipped with the beautiful and talented Women of Faith team. What an encouragement to my soul to hear these delightful women tell of their own struggles and heartaches as they strive to walk with, and trust, God. There is no way I could begin to choose my favorite moment of this weekend. Just when I was sure I had heard the best there was, there would be something new to ponder.

I'd like to say that this was a life changing weekend and I will never be the same. But, alas, Monday will arrive with all of its distractions and worries. Reality is waiting around the corner. My prayer is that as I settle back into my life in "Kansas", I'll stop to remember the lessons I learned this weekend on "the Yellow Brick Road".

No comments: