Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's a Wacky Wednesday

Actually, it's a positively beautiful Wednesday. The sky is as blue a can be and not a cloud visible anywhere. AND they (our friendly neighborhood weathermen) say it's supposed to be that way through the weekend into next week. YAHOO!!!

I went to lunch with some friends today - to a new restaurant. It was just delightful. To make it even more wonderful, they had a turkey wrap that didn't mess with my diet in the least. I shouldn't say diet. Jim and I are doing the Weight Watcher's at home plan. We are trying to call it a "food plan" rather than a diet. Knock on wood - so far we aren't' finding it too difficult. I really like the way this point system works. It allows me to have my glass of wine for dinner (how about that, Cheryl?) and still stay within the points for the day.

Speaking of Cheryl, she has tagged me to post "7 Random Facts About Me". I had to struggle to come up with (only) seven. Here they are:

1. I have suffered with Kidney Stones much of my adult life. The diagnosis is that my body just produces them. PTL, I haven't had any in close to 15 years. Let me tell you, they are PAINFUL.

2. I am older than my husband by 18 months. For the first twenty-five years of our almost forty years of marriage, I was really troubled by this. Finally, I have come to the place where I am just so thankful that such a wonderful man wanted to marry me (in spite of my old age) that I can just praise God.

3. Also, I married the "boy next door". Actually, the boy across the street. We really kept it in the neighborhood as my BIL married one of my best friends who also lived across the street from me and next door to them. Isn't that fun? We have had so many great times over the years. Sadly, Bonnie passed away almost three years ago. I still miss her every day.

4. I love to sing - but have a pretty terrible voice. Two years ago my friend Jason, the choir director at our church, graciously allowed me to sing in the Easter Cantata. I sang softly and smiled a lot.

5. Like Cheryl, I am not about to let my age be a factor in how I live my life. My mom refused to be called "old" and I am following in her footsteps. If 60 is the new 40, I'm living proof.

6. Most of the time, I see the cup half full instead of half empty. When trials come, it may take me a few days to find the blessing, but usually I do. I think this is a gift from God - one which my Mom also had. Also, I really don't hold grudges. It's way too much work. I'd rather spend my energy in more positive endeavors.

7. Finally, I'm supposed to be working on writing a book. My dear BIL, Laverne, is very disappointed in me. I have one essay completed, but am afraid to let anyone read it.

Okay, that's the scoop on Pamela. I'm tagging, Gerit, Chrissy, Stephanie, Nancy and Diane.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DO, BUT WHO YOU ARE THAT'S MOST IMPORTANT

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Brava Brava.

As to the kidney stones, should you get one, the treatments now are much better than they used to be. Sometimes they can just zap them with a laser. I am so sorry you suffer from them, they really are very painful.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Pam. It's truly my pleasure to have met you.

Anonymous said...

I like your list and way to go on the new food plan. It's all in how you look at it (as you said)!

Gerrit said...

Haha, what fun that is. Thanks for sharing. I'll see your challenge, and will probably complete it once I return from Chile. Its always nice to get new ideas for posting to my blog. I often struggle with that.

As a play on one of yours, I'll offer up a preview (but won't include it in my actualy post, since it feels too much like stealing your ideas). I usually don't see the glass half full or empty. Instead, I think the glass is too big! How bout that?

Nancy said...

Oh, those kidney stones! I walked the floor many nights with Stosh when he had them! They ARE so painful! We read that there are 7 foods one should avoid if they are prone to kidney stones. Tea, peanuts, chocolate, rhubarb, and now I can't recall the other 3 things! He was great at eating peanuts and loved his iced tea. Now he drinks a lot of orange juice as we read that it will help prevent them from forming.

Yes, I see that you have tagged me. I will need a few days to think about 7 things...Love ya!