I cannot believe so much time has passed since I last "really" posted on my blog. The short commercial for my pictures really doesn't count. What has happened since then? Let's see:
1. The governor of New York has resigned in disgrace. I wish I could say I am surprised, but these days nothing people in power do, surprises me. I am praying for his precious daughters and for the state of New York.
2. The valley (as Las Vegans call it) is in the midst of a medical disaster. It has been revealed that many clinics here have been using unsafe practices while performing medical tests. Over 40,000 people are at risk of Hepatitis B, C, and HIV infections due to these unconscionable acts of medical professionals. Hey, ask me how I really feel.
On a happier note, we have:
3. Gone to see "The Beatles' Love" for the second time and I have truly fallen in "Love" with it. We were just blown away. I liked it the first time, but this time I was enchanted. Don't know the difference, but it was brilliant.
4. Seen "The Other Boleyn Girl" at the movies. We really liked it. I read the book and must say they didn't do a terrible job of translating written word to film.
5. Picked Gretchen up from the airport upon her return from a business trip to San Jose.
6. Spent a really fun Sunday with Gretchen. We attended church, then went to brunch. Gretchen joined us after her service. We attend different churches as theirs is on the other side of town. She and I walked, talked and had a great mother/daughter afternoon and then she stayed for dinner.
7. Bought a tripod. (See Below)
I am really excited about this. Now when I take pictures of hikes and trips, it won't look like Jim went by himself.
8. Took the first rented car back and picked up a new one. It was, as usual, a nightmare. The car they gave us was a PT Cruiser convertible which we would have "LOVED", except that we need more room for our luggage as we go with Brian and Gretchen to Death Valley. We ended up with a Dodge Caliber. I think it will be okay.
Today is a gorgeous day here in the valley. I went to Bible Study this morning where I felt the Lord really speaking to me about forgiveness. It was a great study. We have a wonderful leader and a delightful group of totally nonjudgmental, loving ladies. It has been so good for me.
Okay, Panera's is getting really busy and I think it's time for me to sign off and go home. Until next time, "Hugs".