Saturday, March 22, 2008
He Is Risen!!
He Is Risen, Indeed!!
Those phrases are probably my favorite part of Easter morning. Not only do we say those to each other at our church, we have always started our Easter morning at home by repeating them to each other. Along with the Easter baskets that the girls searched for, we shared the joy of the Risen Saviour in our home.
Some of my blogger friends have been sharing their favorite things about Easter and Spring this week. Following are my ten favorite things:
1. The joy of the knowledge that "because He lives, I can live forever". To me, Easter is the most sacred and joyful holiday in the Christian calendar.
2. Watching the emergence of Spring. Flowers beginning to bloom, trees budding, grass turning green, all bring a feeling of hope and joy to me.
3. The above gets quoted twice, as we will be experiencing the emergence of Spring twice this year. Once here in Las Vegas and again in May in Upstate NY.
4. Preparing our flower garden. Weeding, mulching and deciding what we might add to the perennial garden.
5. Going to the Farmer's Market and nurseries looking at and buying annuals.
6. Watching birds build their nests.
7. Getting our porch ready for summer - having our first evening meal there.
8. Sitting on the porch with my morning coffee.
10. Early morning sunrises; beautiful sunsets, walking outside, picnics. The list goes on and on.
I love the change of seasons. Spring speaks to us of renewal, second chances, hope. It makes me want to reach out and embrace all things good in my life and minimize those things which I find troubling.
Have a blessed Easter and a glorious Spring.