Saturday, August 30, 2008

~Look Who's 40~



Once in awhile someone enters your life unexpectedly and you know immediately that you've made a new friend. That happened to me when I began to read Cheryl Wray's blog. Although I am old enough to be her mother, I feel we are kindred spirits. And so I want to wish my dear friend a Happy Birthday and accept her invitation to celebrate with her at her blog party.

I thought long and hard about what I should wear to this party. I looked through my wardrobe, tried on dresses, pants, gowns and finally came up with the perfect outfit to really celebrate in.



I figured that we could "clown around" and have a great time. This is one of my alter egos, "Fribble the Clown". Although I haven't been Fribble for many years, he still lives in my heart and mind.

I love almost all desserts, but chocolate is my all time favorite. I decided to bring my husband's favorite, German Chocolate Cake. Since I'll be making that for him on September 4, I thought I'd just make an extra one for you, Cheryl.



As to what I'll do to celebrate. Oh Cheryl, since we are kindred spirits, you know what I'll do.



Since you and I won't be together to drink this toast, I guess I'll have to sacrifice and drink both glasses.

As for a gift. My gift is the wish for joy and peace and laughter for at least another 40 years. Happy Birthday, friend.

~hippo hugs~

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh, Pam--

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

You rock, girlfriend, and you are right--we are kindred spirits!!

(although I've never admitted it on my blog...bt I'm sorta scared of clowns!! LOL)

I LOVE the cake, and oh yes the wine!!! Yummo!!!!

Thank you!!!! You're a doll!!!

Nancy said...

What a great way to say Happy Birthday to your new friend! You were so thoughtful!!! Loved the clown outfit, too!!!

I never drank much wine til last week at Stosh's when Eddie was there. And the next day, Stosh brought me a bottle of wine!!! I haven't even had time to drink any of it yet! Maybe later!!! LOL

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Pam,

What a neat celebration of your friends birthday. And it was only right to drink both glasses of wine after that nice toast. :-)

Oh, and I'm craving German Chocolate Cake now. :-)

Hugs, a tired, Renie

Ps. Love the picture of Fribble the Clown!

Monogram Queen said...

Wonderful post Pam! Thanks for the invite!

Faye said...

Mmmmm....that cake looks delish...and a clown??!!....how totally fun!!