Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter and Balloon Animals

What a blessed Easter celebration we had. We decided to attend the traditional service at Green Valley UMC in stead of the contemporary one. The church was full as the Chancel Choir opened the service. There was a full choir, bell choir as well as organ, piano and brass accompaniment. It was glorious.

Pastor had a wonderful sermon about redemption and rebirth. The singing was exhilarating and the fellowship was heartwarming and encouraging. The postlude organ solo was tumultuous. All in all, it was a perfect way to worship our risen Saviour.

Jim and I were invited to Gretchen and Brian's for a late lunch/early dinner celebration which included their dear friends Karin and Jeremiah. This couple is such fun and such great friends for our children.

Brian outdid himself with the ribs. The rub was a concoction of his own, accompanied by a good bar-b-q sauce. Add to the main dish, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, delicious asparagus and you have a perfect meal. Dessert came later and we all enjoyed that too.


Last week, while we were in San Diego, I happened to mention that I would like to learn to make balloon animals. The kids took that to heart and bought me a kit which includes balloons, a pump to inflate said balloons and a little instruction pamphlet. Of course, I also mentioned that I want to learn French, but they didn't run out and buy me a $400 Rosetta Stone course.

Anyway, yesterday they hauled out the balloon animal kit and insisted I practice. Let me say that I think learning French might be easier than making balloon animals. Here is what was supposed to be a butterfly.




Blogger isn't exactly cooperating today, but as you can see, Gretchen had a little better luck than I did. Actually, Jeremiah did a much better job than either of us, but I was pouting and didn't take a picture of his lion.

I guess I had better close this post and get to practicing.

~Hippo Hugs~

3 comments:

Laura said...

Look at you!! I think you just found a new hobby!!

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful Easter. And those balloon animals look like a fun project! You look so cute with yours!

Had a nice Easter as well, and both of my sons are still here until Thursday morning, so I haven't had much time to be online.

Happy Belated Easter!

Bunny Hugs,

Renie

Midlife Mom said...

Your service sounded so much like ours! I had goosebumps when the organist chimed in with the piano and the trumpet! We don't often have organ music any more, the young people don't like it, so it's a real treat when we do!

A new occupation I see! Can we order some balloons for different occasions! heehee! What fun, I will look forward to see what you come up with !