Sunday, April 11, 2010

Winding Down

We have only a few more days left here in our desert escape so we are trying to pack as much in as we can.
As you may have heard, there has been an abundance of rain this winter (for the desert, that is). Consequently, we were sure we would see beautiful wildflowers if we took a trip out to Nelson's Landing and ElDorado Canyon. And, sure enough, we were not disappointed.


Everywhere we looked were patches of beautiful wildflowers. This is only a small sampling of all the beautiful photos I took on this ride into the desert.

We followed this journey with a delightful alfresco lunch at one of my favorite little restaurants in Boulder City. An absolutely perfect day.

When we were out at Red Rock Canyon with the H**ks, I discovered a moderately difficult hiking trail that I wanted to attempt. So, Friday afternoon found us, once again, at Red Rock Canyon. Can you tell that is a favorite spot of ours?


Although we enjoyed this hike out to the Calico Tanks, both Jim and I decided we might call the last part of the trail a little more than moderately difficult. It was a perfectly beautiful day and I wore my shorts and tank top, white legs and all.

Then, my dear hubby treated me to lunch at Balboa Pizza, another one of our favorite places. It was quiet at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and we enjoyed watching golf on the many flat screen tvs placed strategically around the restaurant. I think during sports is the only time when we really miss our tv set at home.

Jim had read in the paper on Friday morning that the AAA baseball team, The Las Vegas 51s, was having a home game with fireworks that evening. Soooo, off we went to the ballgame. It was, once again, a perfect night for baseball. We had great seats, four rows back, along the third base line. Jim couldn't believe what great seats we had for $14.

The 51s won 7-3, a good game, and the fireworks were fantastic. Jim and I are suckers for fireworks anyway, so we were in seventh heaven.

Are you tired yet? Cuz, I'm not done. Last summer when I came out to camp, I met Kellie. Now Kellie is the age of my daughters, but she and I bonded almost immediately. What a dear woman she is. She lives in Arizona, not too far from Las Vegas. So, she and her family drove up on Saturday and I met them for lunch. We had a delightful time catching up. I am so happy that camp gave me the opportunity to meet Kellie and her family.

Today we went to church and out to breakfast. The afternoon was spent watching The Masters. Now we are looking forward to seeing the new Cirque du Soleil show, Viva Elvis tomorrow night.

It's hard to believe that our two months here in Henderson is almost at an end. But, the lawn and our home are waiting for us in Upstate, NY.

~Hippo Hugs~


1 comment:

Lynilu said...

It's been a great two months, for sure. Hate to leave; can't wait to be home! Travel safely, my friend!