Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh What a Night!

There are some shows you never tire of seeing. Mama Mia, Les Mis, Miss Saigon, and for me, Jersey Boys. Maybe because the music of the Four Seasons coincides with my late teen years, maybe because You're Just Too Good to Be True is "our song", whatever the reason, these guys and their music really cause me to smile, and smile and smile.



So, Tuesday evening, my poor face actually hurt by the end of the evening. Jim and I went to see Jersey Boys for the second and one half time. The one half is a story in and of itself, left for another day. The second time, however, was not a disappointment.



When we go to the theater, we hardly ever buy refreshments. The tickets themselves are enough to drain our entertainment coffers. But, I have personal money, you know and decided to treat us to an adult beverage. Just that made it seem like an exciting date night.



Then, I had on my new dress. When I went shopping (for something Springy to wear for Easter) I saw this dress and bought it on a whim. I brought it home with reservations, but decided to try it on again before I decided to keep it. It just felt so good on and made me feel so good. I had to keep it...along with the jewelery I bought to go with it.




So there we were, all gussied up, adult beverages and the curtain going up on one of our favorite shows. The show was wonderful, once again. We held hands through the whole thing, feeling like those young kids we were back in the day. And then, we ended the evening with a delicious dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. This restaurant never fails to please us with their great food and service.

"Oh What a Night!"

~Hippo Hugs~

6 comments:

camport said...

What a beautiful dress! I love it! Definitely worth the splurge. Your description of date night makes me anxious for the next few months to hurry up!!

:)

Laura said...

Pam, you look wonderful!! And woo-hoo for date nights! I grew up listening to the Four Seasons, because my parents had their 8 tracks and that's how I woke up on Sunday mornings....listening to music from the late 50's and 60's. Jersey Boys is definitely a show that I would like to see if and when I ever make it back to Vegas or NY!! Have a great weekend!!

Renie Burghardt said...

You look beautiful in your new dress! And what a fun and special night you two enjoyed!

Hugs,

Renie

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I wanted to click on your picture to see your dress better (and your new jewelery) You look great. What a fun night! Jersey Boys is playing in Toronto and I want to go!!

Wondering what you story is all about, re: one half:)

Winifred said...

Lovely dress! Glad you had such a great time. Lovely memories to treasure.

Midlife Mom said...

I LOVE the Four Seasons and would love to see that show! I have all of their songs on my Ipod and sing along with them, well, not where anyone can hear me! Franki Valle is sooooooooo good!

Your dress is lovely! Don't you just love it when you find something that looks good, fits right, feels good and you find the jewelry and all to go with it?! Sounds like sucha good time out for your two. I think date nights are so important even when we have all been married for a gazillion years!

We're going to head down to the lake after lunch to check on the progress. They are working on the electrical now, putting in all new wiring. Yes, it should be ready for the summer seeings as our summers don't really get hot enough for swimming and all till July!