Friday, June 25, 2010

Oh What a Week!

And what a week it was! Even though almost everything I did this week was fun, fun, fun, I am hoping that I don't have a week as busy as this for a long, long time.

Monday: I started out my day with a 6:30 A.M. walk with Jim. It was a beautiful morning and the walk was great. I followed the walk with a trip to Curves and more exercise. I knew then what kind of week I was going to have and wanted to get as much exercise in as possible.

From Curves I went to my friend, Joy's, to finish my calendar stamping project. I am so excited about the 2011 calendars and happy as a clam to have them almost finished. These calendars are such fun and make cool little gifts for my friends and family come Christmas time.

It was a day of great accomplishment, but at dinner time when I looked at my calendar, I found that I had forgotten a dinner date with our friend, Ken. I called him, apologized and he was more than gracious. I'm still feeling guilty.

Tuesday: I had really good intentions about getting up at 6:30 to walk, but when push came to shove, I just couldn't do it. It was dark and rainy and I just wanted to stay in my bed for awhile. Seeing how my morning held my yearly mammogram appointment, maybe you can understand my reluctance to jump out of bed and get started.

The plan was to visit Florence, go to my appointment, have lunch and take in a movie, even though I knew I really shouldn't indulge myself in a movie with my busy week. Well, you know the saying about the best laid plans....Here's what really happened. When we got to Florence's, she was sound asleep. I sat with her for twenty minutes or so, but she just couldn't wake up, so I left there early....which got me to my radiology appointment early. They took me right in and....I left there early. Way too early for lunch. We went to several places. We were hungry enough for lunch, but no luck.

We decided to give up and go home, but on the way Jim said he really wanted to have soup at UNO's, so we turned around and went back, arriving just as they opened at 11:30. The soup and sandwich were yummy. Just what we needed on a rainy day. Finishing lunch earlier than we had planned, we decided to have dessert and skip the movie.

Tuesday evening was rehearsal for our VBS skit.

Vacation Bible School being next week, we are having several rehearsals for the skit this week.

Wednesday: Well, Wednesdays always begin with Loser Housewife Breakfast and this week was no exception. Thursday being the last day of school, we lose Kathy for the summer so it was important that we all be together. I had a little surprise for everyone. I found these cool frames last winter in Nevada and had someone take our picture several weeks ago.

Seeing how we think we are so cute, I thought this frame was perfect for us.

The rest of the day was devoted to cleaning my house and car as we are having weekend company. Laverne and Cathy arrive tomorrow for a couple of days.

Thursday: I have been waiting excitedly for this day to arrive. It was the first day of play of the 2010 LPGA Championship. Although we have had the LPGA in Rochester for many years, this is the first time it has been a Major tournament. We spent the day at Locust Hill watching these talented and delightful women play golf.

I had to fit in another rehearsal last evening and then drop exhausted into bed so that we could...

Friday: Go back to Locust Hill and watch even more golf. While, yesterday, we spent most of the day at one spot watching the golfers tee off, today we decided to follow a specific golfer. We chose Christie Kerr, who turned out to be the leader, with a minus 10, at the end of the day. Unfortunately, my back began to give me trouble after three holes and I was forced to go back to the ninth green and find a seat. Jim, however, walked nine holes with Christie's group.

For a non-golfer, I sure enjoy watching professional golf. I just wish I could go back tomorrow, but alas, that won't be possible.

After I bake pies tomorrow morning it will be off to skit rehearsal one last time. Then my company comes and I am planning on relaxing and enjoying good food, good friends and lots of laughs until Monday when it starts all over again.

~Hippo Hugs~


Lynilu said...

Uhmmm, have you been doing anything?


Midlife Mom said...

BUSY WEEK! Sounds about how I go around here most of the time, right on screech! :o)

We had VBS this past week and had about 100 children! It was down a bit from last year (130) but this many was much more manageable. The back drop was so nice, I took a picture I hope it shows up when I post about it. I am so proud of my Son and DIL, they both work in it and invited six families to go again this year and they ALL went! That's what it is all about isn't it?!

I don't know a lick about golf but it amazes me how they can get that little ball anywhere near the hole! My son got a hole in one a few years ago and I almost fell over! I tried it once in high school but just couldn't do it, I really wanted to be on my horses instead.......

Hope you are having a good weekend. It was very hot in church this morning as we don't have air conditioning but I kept fanning myself with the bulletin so was okay.

Love the calendars that you made! You are just so crafty!! xoxoxox

Midlife Mom said...

We always use the Sonquest material at our VBS too. It is always so good and the music is great. We give each of our kids that attend a cd of the music to take home so that they don't forget and can enjoy the music long after VBS is over.

Yes, put a tube ride on your bucket list but make sure it's one like I went in that you can sit in. Much more comfortable then the ones you lay on and hang on for dear life! I did have a little problem with some of the bumps, the ole' bladder just isn't what it used to be! ha!

Glad you stopped by, I always enjoy hearing from you. I know how busy life can be, it's been very hectic here to the point where I am saying 'Calgon, take me away!'