Sunday, January 20, 2008

HE HAS MADE ME GLAD

Have you ever had one of those "perfect" Sunday services? You know the ones I'm talking about, where everything that happens seems like it came from the hand of God to you personally. That was today for me. From the minute I walked into the sanctuary to the last "amen", I was blessed.

The service started with the chorus "He Has Made Me Glad". Right away, that song makes me want to dance in the aisles. I looked across the church and saw my friend, Cheri, bouncing on her toes with the same need to dance that I had. Then the choir sang "Wings of the Dawn". I swear I have never heard them sound more beautiful. I felt that I could leave right then and be fortified to take on the world.

The sermon was powerful. My friend, Chrissy, says she wants to squirm a little during the sermon. I think we all felt that today, but at the end of the squirming is the love and forgiveness of Jesus. If Pastor's plan was to make us desire more of Jesus - he succeeded.

The closing song was "A Mighty Fortress is my God". What an appropriate ending to the service. We came away reminded that "nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus". Amen.

7 comments:

camport said...

A Mighty Fortress is one of my all-time favorites!! If you get a chance, listen to Chris Rice's version. It gets me every single time!

I can't find it on youtube, but maybe next time your in the Christian bookstore you can take a listen. The cd is called Peace Like a River, it's a compilation of hymns.

Glad you had one of "those" Sundays.

:)

Jackie Wood said...

Wow, what a wonderful post. Your great Sunday has now started my Monday out VERY well.

Thanks for sharing and the inspiration to listen to some great music today.

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE both of those songs. Sounds like a wonderful service!!!!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I love those songs.I love when we sing them at church..
Great post. Thanks for sharing.. Have a terrific week.

Renie Burghardt said...

I love our Sunday service at my church, and always come away with a feeling of love great joy. Thank you for sharing your joy.

Blessings,

Renie

Nancy said...

Such an inspiring post! I really enjoyed it. It gave me the chills! I miss my little church back home. Even though I have been a convert for many years, that little country church will always hold a special place in my heart! I always left with a feeling of love and peace and that "conquer anything" feeling.

Anonymous said...

That sounds so wonderful -- thanks so much for sharing your day!