Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Fragments

It's a beautiful day here in Upstate NY. Although the temperature is only in the mid sixties, the sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky. It really does feel good to be home. It sure was nice to sleep in our own bed last night. I think we both had the best night's sleep we've had in a week.

I was a little worried when I went to bed last night. Earlier in the evening I tripped, going up the stairs. I landed on my right shin and it swelled up like an orange. Honestly, I had never seen a bruise swell like that. I put some ice on it throughout the evening, but when I went up to bed it was throbbing and I could hardly walk. I took some Advil PM and surprise, surprise, I slept like a baby. The swelling has gone down considerably today, and I'm walking well. Thank heavens. I'd really like to not break any bones this year.

Today being Friday Fragments, I thought I'd share some of my Easter pictures that, in the midst of travelling, I had forgotten I'd even taken.


Brian bought and arranged these beautiful flowers for the Easter table.




The table was set with Brian and Gretchen's new dishes. They purchased these patterns from the Worthington Gallery in Utah when we visited Zion National Park. I just love this pottery gallery. I purchased some pretty awesome mugs for gifts while I was there. If you are interested in pottery, go here.

They had so many mugs to choose from, it was difficult. I hope the Losers like them.

The last few days in the desert, we spent some relaxing time with Brian and Gretchen. I really like this pic of Gretch. I took it while we were walking in the little park near our condo.





She wanted me to take a picture of the bush, but I thought it would be even more lovely with her in it. I was right, wasn't I?

After we were a wee bit settled yesterday, we took off for the library and the grocery store. The cupboards were truly bare. This is what we arrived home to.

The next door neighbor elves had noticed we were home and were hard at work. We are so blessed to have these girls as our neighbors. They make our life even more enjoyable.

Today has been a day of catching up. We left right after breakfast to see Florence at the nursing home. She is much the same. My heart is always heavy when we leave her. She held my hand and said she thought I had left her. I was surprised, as sometimes she doesn't even seem to know me.

Then it was on to the lab for Jim's blood work and more food shopping. Will we ever fill the larder? Of course, since we were out, we stopped off at one of our favorite little restaurants for soup and a sandwich. Home again, we are still settling things.

That's the fragments of my Friday. I hope yours is wonderful, and your weekend as well.

~Hippo Hugs~

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Bethany & Keith's little Noah David arrived minutes ago - just received a text with a pic!!!!

(Cami was pleased to see her art work displayed on your blog) : )

Midlife Mom said...

What a lovely poster the girls made for you! How nice! Glad you are home safe and sound and I know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed! There's nothing like it!

Very nice picture of Gretchen! Yes, I agree it's prettier then just the bush! :o)

Things still aren't back to normal around here. Such sad memories of this week. I see my poor neighbor sitting out on her back deck alone and my heart just breaks for her. Once I get over this nasty cold I am going to try to help her with anything she needs me for.

Take care! xoxox

Winifred said...

Love those photos. Isn't that typical you're away all that time and the minute you get home you have an accident.

Take care of yourself.

Cheryl Wray said...

These are all such great pictures!!!!! I love the one of Gretchen; she is a cutie!

Glad you and Jim got home safely!!! I know you must be tired...

Nancy said...

I love that pic of Gretchen! It is so much nicer than just a pic of the bush! Plus, you got one more pic of her to bring home and share with all of us! She looks darling like her mama!!! I swear she is the spitting image of you!!! (That doesn't sound nice, does it, but that's just the way it is usually said.)

What great girls to make such a nice banner for your door!!! You were missed!!!

I love the kids' new pottery! I like patterns like that myself so intend to check out that site you posted. The mugs are sure to be loved by your Loser friends, too.

Glad you didn't break your leg going up the stairs! We do have to be more careful now that we're getting older. I had another heart spell last night...I know it was a mild attack again...jaw pain, pain between the shoulder blades through to my chest and the sweating and nausea...I had one on April 5th, too, but this one wasn't as bad as that time. The one in 2004 was the big one...lasted 32 minutes that time! It's scary living alone when something like that happens...

I can just imagine how much you enjoyed your own bed! I remember coming home from vacations and couldn't wait to get in my own bed!

Have a great weekend now!

((( HUGS )))