Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Tuesday and may I recommend...


After a doctor's appointment this morning, Jim and I decided to play. We have been awaiting the release of this movie for what seems to us like an eternity. Today being $1 popcorn day at theRegal Cinemas, we decided we should avail ourselves of that bargain and see this movie we have been dying to see.
Let me tell you it was all that we could have hoped it would be. The actors, all of whom I like and respect, were fantastic. Well, let me backtrack a moment. I don't like or respect Russell Crowe as a person, but as an actor he is top-notch. Then there was Rachel McAdams (a delightful young actress), Helen Mirren (her usual regal self), Robin Wight-Penn (nothing like Princess Buttercup this time), Ben Affleck (what can I say about him but hunky), and Jeff Daniels (as I would expect him to be).
This movie had more twists and turns than a roller coaster, and kept me on the edge of my seat for over two hours. Both Jim and I think it is the best movie we have seen in a very long time. One aspect of retirement, for us, is the opportunity to enjoy movies, and we really did enjoy this one.
Now I'll backtrack to the doctor's appointment. As we suspected, Jim's carpal tunnel surgery has resulted in the accumulation of scar tissue at the surgery site. He is scheduled for surgery, again, on May 20th. I guess that means another year of Jim's summer activities put on the back burner. We have decided if I can stay healthy, we can probably manage to do the yard work and have a garden this summer, but I'm afraid the fun stuff like golf will go by the wayside for another season.
On top of all that, we managed to get our walk in this afternoon...just before the rain came.
So, all-in-all, it was a pretty productive day. Hope yours was the same.
~Hippo Hugs~

4 comments:

Dana said...

this is on my list of movies to see. Now IU'll watch it for sure! Sorry to hear of the additional surgery...I hope it goes very well for Jim.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Pam,

Oh, I seem to have missed quite a few of your posts because of my company. First, I am so glad the swelling on your shin went down, and that you didn't break a bone!!

I enjoyed seeing some of the Easter pictures you shared. What beautiful dishes Gretchen and Brian purchased. The table setting looked beautiful! And Gretchen looks beautiful, too, by the bush.

Sorry to hear about another surgery for Jim, and I hope it goes well. Your movie revue sounds good, but our nearest movie theater is 50 miles away, so I rarely go to the movies. However, I can watch Pay per View, and have Showtime, so do see some good movies, only a little later.

I am going to plant my tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and a few row of green beans, this week. I bought the plants and seeds today. I don't plant a large garden, just enough to enjoy some fresh veggies. Speaking of which, my leaf lettuce and spinach is ready to pick, and I am having a nice salad for supper.

I always enjoy your postings, Pam, and sorry I'm late with responding. Have a wonderful rest of the week, dear friend.

Hugs,

Renie

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear thjat Jim has to have surgery on his hand again! Poor guy!!! I'll be glad when it's over and he's on the mend again.

I don't care for scary movies...my heart won't take them anymore. I get palpitations too easily. I stick with romantic comedies...

Bet it seems good to be back home again, doesn't it? No place like home!

((( HUGS )))

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Glad to hear the movie was fun.
Sorry to hear about Jim. I will be praying for him and for your health.