Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tuesday's Random Countdown on Thursday

Cheryl had a fun Random Countdown on her Tuesday post. I decided to change it a little bit to suit myself and post it here today. So, here goes:

Five women I wouldn't mind being: You know I can't do a whole post without pictures.


1. Lesley Stahl - I think she is one of the classiest ladies on TV. I love her hair style, her jewelry, her whole demeanor. I have always thought I would make a good TV news person.


2. Condoleeza Rice - Another classy, smart and savvy lady. I would have voted for her for president in a New York heartbeat.




3. Fannie Flagg - I love her style of writing and am totally smitten with her characters. I think she is a really talented lady.

4. Helen Mirren - Again, a classy lady and superb actress.



5. Myself - God has blessed me with in so many ways, patiently teaching and nurturing me to become the woman I am today. How could I not want to be what He has produced?



Four things I'm looking forward to. (This is where I changed what Cheryl had posted)


1. My visit to Paige in May. Four whole days to spend with her. I rarely get time alone with my girls so this is a real treat.


2. Our visit to the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania with our friends Jeff and Jan.


3. VBS at our church. I have volunteered to be the VBS director this year. I am really excited about this opportunity.


4. Going back to Las Vegas and Camp Potosi to help Gretchen and Karen with camp in July.


Three things I'm liking right now.


1. Wegman's whole wheat muffins. We are trying to diet and these muffins are delicious and healthy.


2. Sandals. It's sandal season and I'm planning to buy some more.


3. Cute (inexpensive) summer sundresses. Target, Wal-Mart, others all have these sweet little dresses.


Two movies I've seen recently.


1. If you have read my posts this week, you know we saw State of Play. Great flick.


2. Another movie we saw quite recently was The International. This movie with Clive Owen, was another sit on the edge of your seat thriller. We really liked and recommend it.


One lesson I'm learning.


I guess this is a lifetime lesson, one I do better at some times than others. This past season of Lent, I was really convicted of how important it is to treat other people with compassion. I am really trying to see people through the eyes of God. I would really like to be kinder, gentler and more compassionate. I am trying to complain less about other people's driving, smile more at people in the grocery stores, just generally enjoy people more. I'll keep you posted on how that's working out.


In the meantime,


~Hippo Hugs~





5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Pam,

Oh, I like your five women picks! And I'm glad you included yourself.

It's always nice to have things to look forward to. And sandals and sun dresses are nice for the summer. I rarely wear dresses anymore, but do love the pretty, long skirts that are in now. They look so festive with a pretty top. Our church is celebrating it's 150th anniversary, and our Bishop will be coming for a special service and dinner. I think my skirt and pretty top will be perfect for that.

Time to get back outside and work in the garden. It's 80 degrees today. Have a grand day!

Hugs!

Renie

Monogram Queen said...

Just stopping by quickly for a much-needed Hippo Hug! Miss you Pam and please know you and Jim are in my thoughts daily!

Midlife Mom said...

I too like all of your picks of women. Is Leslie Stahls hair a wig? I've always wondered. (I need to get a life!)

Our VBS is coming up the week after school gets out for summer vacation. My sister is the director and I did the skit crew for years. I love to hear the kids singing the songs at VBS, they really belt it out!

Loved your last paragraph on lessons learned. It seems God is showing me things that I need to work on so much lately. We all need to be praying for Him to show us who we really are and what we need to improve on. Compassion for others is one that I want to get better at. I know sometimes I get caught up in my own little world and lose sight of a lot of things going on in other peoples lives. The last couple of weeks sure brought that fact home to me when three of my friends lost their husbands. Lots of need there. I want to serve. Thanks for your words of wisdom!! xoxo

Cheryl Wray said...

Your lesson is AWESOME and something that God has also shown me a lot lately. In the end...the way we treat other people is the only thing that really matters.

You know that the Irondale Cafe (that Fannie Flagg's Whistle Stop Cafe is based on) is only about 30 minutes away from me. I may have to ask Gary to meet me there for lunch sometime soon...

Nancy said...

Love your lesson in learning!!! Something we all need to brush up on, that's for sure!

And you've got 4 great things to look forward to this summer, too! I can remember teaching VBS and playing piano for the kids to sing...it was such fun back in those days, even in Costello! We had some great little kids there when I was inm high school...they came from all over down the country there!

Great choice of women, too! I have never really given that much thought, but you got me thinking now!!! LOL

((( HUGS ))) from Dixie!